• Include section name if given.
• Include the specific date as well as year.
• Include the specific page or section numbers if appropriate.
Standard format for citation
#. Article Author AA. Title of article. Title of Newspaper: Section. Year Abbreviated Month Date:inclusive page numbers.
Newspaper articles in print
1. Hatch, B. Smoke lingers for those who keep hospitality flowing. Australian Financial Review. 2006 Jul 13:14.
2. Kissane, K. Kiss or kill: who is the victim when a battered woman kills? The Age: Extra. 1998 Sept 5:6.
3. O'Leary C. Vitamin C does little to prevent winter cold. The West Australian. 2005 Jun 29:1.
Newspaper article in print: No author
4. Problems don't end with Patel. The Australian. 2010 Jul 1:15.
Newspaper article from a full text database
5. Lampathakis, P. Tantrums seen as suicide warning. The West Australian [Internet]. 1997 Aug 11 [cited 2001 Nov 21]:26. Available from: http://global.factiva.com.
6. O'Leary, C. Landmark study to aid push for public smoking ban. The West Australian [Internet]. 2006 Jun 29 [cited 2008 Oct 20]:14. Available from: http://global.factiva.com.
Newspaper article from the internet
7. Devlin, H. Neuron breakthrough offers hope on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. The Times [Internet]. 2010 Jan 28 [cited 2010 Jan 31]. Available from: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/medicine/article7005401.ece.
8. Hilts, P. J. In forecasting their emotions, most people flunk out. The New York Times [Internet]. 1999 Feb 16 [cited 2001 Nov 21]. Available from: http://www.nytimes.com.