• Government reports and company annual reports are examples of documents that may be published on the internet.
Please note: If no author or editor is given and the document is not a part, article or chapter, then citation is by title.
Standard format for citation
#. Author A, Author B. Document title. Webpage name [format]. Source/production information; Date of internet publication [cited year month day]. Available from: URL.
1. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Chronic diseases and associated risk factors [Internet]. Canberra: The Institute; 2004 [updated 2005 Jun 23; cited 2005 Jun 30]. Available from: http://www.aihw.gov.au/cdarf/index.cfm.
Electronic document: no author
2. How to cite references [Internet]. Murdoch (WA): Murdoch University Library; 1996 [cited 2010 Sept 2]. Available from: http://wwwlib.murdoch.edu.au/find/citation/.
Government publication: Australian Bureau of Statistics document
3. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Mental health and wellbeing: profile of adults, Western Australia (cat. no. 4326.5) [Internet]. Canberra: ABS; 1997 [cited 2010 Sept 2]. Available from http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats.
Government publication: Government department
4. Australia. Department of Health and Aged Care. National youth suicide prevention strategy [Internet]. Canberra: The Department; 2000 [cited 2005 Jul 1]. Available from: http://www.health.gov.au/hsdd/mentalhe/sp/nysps/about.htm.
5. Gene Technology Act 2000 (Cth) [Internet]. Canberra: Office of Parliamentary Counsel [cited 2019 Apr 12]. Available from: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2016C00792.
6. Public Health Act 2016 (WA) [Internet]. Perth: Parliamentary Counsel's Office [cited 2019 Aprl 12]. Available from: https://www.legislation.wa.gov.au/legislation/prod/filestore.nsf/FileURL/mrdoc_41553.pdf/$FILE/Public%20Health%20Act%202016%20-%20%5B00-g0-02%5D.pdf?OpenElement.
7. Lavelle P. Mental state of the nation. Health matters [Internet]. ABC online; 2005 May 19 [cited 2005 Jul 1]. Available from: http://abc.net.au/health/features/mentalstate/.
8. Stanley F. Information page: Professor Fiona Stanley. Telethon Institute for Child Health Research [Internet]. Perth: The Institute; 2005 [cited 2005 Jun 30]. Available from: http://www.ichr.uwa.edu.au/about/schools/.
9. United Nations. Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Sustainable Development. The 17 goals [Internet]. Vienna: United Nations; 2016 [cited 2023 Jul 7]. Available from: https://sdgs.un.org/goals.
10. World Health Organization. Targets of Sustainable Development Goal 3 [Internet]. Geneva: WHO; 2023 [cited 2023 Jul 7]. Available from: https://www.who.int/europe/about-us/our-work/sustainable-development-goals/targets-of-sustainable-development-goal-3.
11. Flower R. How a simple formula for resolving problems and conflict can change your reality. 2015, Jun 1 [cited 2015 Jun 9]. In: Pick the Brain: grow yourself [Internet]. Available from http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/how-a-simple-formula-for-resolving-problems-and-conflict-can-change-your-reality/.