• This information relates to journal articles from print sources.
• For journal articles from electronic sources, please see E-journals.
• Only the author's initials are given, regardless of the presentation of the author's name on the journal article.
• List the first six authors followed by et al.
• Capitalisation practice should also be consistent - capitalise only the first word of the article title, proper nouns and acronyms.
• The titles of journals should be abbreviated as they appear in the NLM Catalog.
• Volume, issue and page numbers are given but not labeled.
• To indicate a page range use 123-9, 126-34 or 111-222. If you refer to only one page, use only 111.
Standard format for citation
#. Author of article AA, Author of article BB, Author of article CC. Title of article. Abbreviated Title of Journal. Year;vol(issue):page number(s).
Journal article: More than six authors
Journal article: No author
Journal article: Organization as author
Journal article: Volume with supplement
Journal article: Issue with supplement
Journal article: Volume with part
Journal article: Issue with part
Journal article: Issue with no volume