• Government reports and company annual reports are examples of documents that may be published on the internet.
Please note: If no author or editor is given and the document is not a part, article or chapter, then citation is by title.
Standard format for citation
#. Author, A. A.; Author, B. B. Document Title, Year. Site Name. Internet address (accessed Year-Month-Day).
1. Byrne, C. Molecular Scissors Slice DNA to Isolate Genes, 2006. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO). http://csiro.au/files/files/p7i7.pdf (accessed 2008-04-24).
2. Chang, A. C.; Pan, G.; Page, A. L.; Asano, T. Developing Human Health-related Chemical Guidelines for Reclaimed Waster and Sewage Sludge Applications in Agriculture, 2002. World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/wastewater/gwwuchemicals.pdf (accessed 2010-10-01).
Electronic document: Organisation
3. European Solvents Industry Group. Flammability: A Safety Guide for Users, 2003. Safe Working with Industrial Solvents, Best Practices Guidelines No. 4. http://www.esig.org/uploads/ModuleXtender/Publications/86/Best%20Practice%20Guidelines%204%20(EN).pdf (accessed 2010-10-01).
Electronic document: Government publications
4. Australia. Department of Health and Ageing. Polyacrylate in DynamX, 2010. National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme (NICNAS), Full Public Report PLC/932. http://www.nicnas.gov.au/publications/CAR/new/PLC/plc0900FR/plc932FR.pdf (accessed 2010-10-01).
5. Western Australia. Chemistry Centre. Water for Domestic, Agricultural and General Use, 2008. http://www.chemcentre.wa.gov.au/downloads/Water-Report-2008.pdf (accessed 2010-10-01).
Electronic document: Commonwealth legislation
6. Industrial Chemicals Act 2019 (Cth). https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2019A00012 (accessed 2019-04-11).
Electronic document: State legislation
7. Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Western Australia) Act 1995 (WA). https://www.legislation.wa.gov.au/legislation/prod/filestore.nsf/FileURL/mrdoc_22572.pdf/$FILE/
Agricultural%20And%20Veterinary%20Chemicals%20(Western%20Australia)%20Act%201995%20-%20%5B02-a0-06%5D.pdf?OpenElement (accessed 2019-04-11).
Personal Internet site
8. Stanley, F. Information page - Professor Fiona Stanley, 2005. Telethon Institute for Child Health Research. http://www.ichr.uwa.edu.au/about/schools/ (accessed 2008-04-24).
General Internet page
9. Dunham, W. Methane Spotted on Distant Planet, 2008. News in Science, ABC online. http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2008/03/20/2195187.htm?site=science (accessed 2008-04-24).
10. American Chemical Society, Committee on Chemical Safety, Task Force for Safety Education Guidelines. Guidelines for Chemical Laboratory Safety in Academic Institutions. American Chemical Society, 2016. https://www.acs.org/content/dam/acsorg/about/governance/committees/chemicalsafety/publications/acs-safety-guidelines-academic.pdf (accessed 2019-02-21).
11. ACS Publications Home Page. https://pubs.acs.org/ (accessed 2019-02-21).
12. Cantrill, S. Blindingly Simple. The Sceptical Chymist: A Blog from Nature Chemistry, February 6, 2015. http://blogs.nature.com/thescepticalchymist/2015/02/blindingly-simple.html (accessed 2015-06-09).