From a full text database
• Full text databases include IEEE Xplore, ScienceDirect, and ProQuest, to name a few.
• Format the reference as for Journal Articles and include the Database name and the internet address.
When including the internet address of articles retrieved from searches in full-text databases, please use the Recommended URLs for Full-text Databases, which are the URLs for the main entrance to the service and are easier to reproduce.
From the internet
• Unlike journal articles from full text databases, these are often freely available on the internet.
• Some publishers offer recent issues for free and earlier issues for a subscription fee.
• Include the complete internet address and date accessed.
Standard format for citation
From a full text database:
#. Author, A. A.; Author, B. B. Title of Article. Abbreviated Title of Journal [Online] Year, Volume (Issue if appropriate), Pages. Database. Internet address (accessed Month Day, Year).
From the internet:
#. Author, A. A.; Author, B. B. Title of Article. Abbreviated Title of Journal [Online] Year, Volume (Issue if appropriate), Pages. Internet address (accessed Month Day, Year).
Journal article from a full text database
1. Bogdanchikova, N.; Simakov, A.; Smolentseva, E.; Pestryakov, A.; Farias, M. H.; Diaz, J. A.; Tompos, A.; Avalos, M. Stabilization of Catalytically Active Gold Species in Fe-modified Zeolites. Appl. Surf. Sci. [Online] 2008, 254 (13), 4075-4083. ScienceDirect. http://www.sciencedirect.com/ (accessed Apr 24, 2008).
2. Calafat, A. M.; Needham, L. L. Factors Affecting the Evaluation of Biomonitoring Data for Human Exposure Assessment. Int. J. Androl. [Online] 2008, 31 (2), 139-143. Blackwell Synergy. http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/ (accessed Apr 24, 2008).
3. Pratt, K. A.; Heymsfield, A. J.; Twohy, C. H.; Murphy, S. M, et al. In Situ Chemical Characterization of Aged Biomass-Burning Aerosols Impacting Cold Wave Clouds. J. Atmos. Sci. [Online] 2010, 67 (8):2451+. Proquest. http://il.proquest.com (accessed Sept 24, 2010).
Journal article from the internet
4. Zahardis, J., Petrucci, G. A. The Oleic Acid-ozone Heterogeneous Reaction System: Products, Kinetics, Secondary Chemistry, and Atmospheric Implications of a Model System – A Review. Atmos. Chem. Phys. [Online] 2007, 7 (5), 1237-1274. http://www.atmos-chem-phys.net/7/issue5.html (accessed Apr 24, 2008).
5. Marucho, M.; Kelley, C. T.; Montgomery Pettitt, B. Solutions of the Optimized Closure Integral Equation Theory: Heteronuclear Polyatomic Fluids. J. Chem. Theory Comput. [Online] 2008, 4 (3), 385-396. http://pubs.acs.org.libproxy.murdoch.edu.au/loi/jctcce (accessed Apr 24, 2008).