• Include section name if given.
• Include the specific date as well as year.
• Include the specific page or section numbers if appropriate.
Standard format for citation
#. Article Author A. A. Title of Article. Title of Newspaper: Section, Abbreviated Month Date, Year, p inclusive page numbers.
Newspaper article from a full text database
1. Martin, S.; Wills, D. $1bn Minerals Plant to Create New Industry. The Advertiser [Online], September 18, 2010. http://global.factiva.com (accessed 2010-09-23 from Factiva).
2. Dayton, L. US Bans Health Risk Pesticide. The Australian [Online], June 26, 2010, p 12. http://global.factiva.com (accessed 2010-09-23 from Factiva).
Newspaper article from the internet
3. Rose, D. Household Chemical Perfluorooctanoic Acid Linked to Thyroid Disease. The Times, January 21, 2010. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/health/article1884054.ece (accessed 2010-09-23).
4. Austen, I. Bottle Maker to Stop Using Plastic Linked to Health Concerns. New York Times, April 18, 2008. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/18/business/18plastic.html?_r=1&scp=10&sq=chemistry&st=nyt&oref=slogin (accessed 2008-04-24).
Newspaper articles in print
5. Lewis, C. Under pressure? Blow Off Steam. The Age, Apr 7, 2008, p 12.
6. Garnaut, K. J. Why Potash Strikes Fear in China's Heart. The Sydney Morning Herald, September 21, 2010, p 6.
7. Barrett, R. Clamour to Shut Coal-seam Plant. The Australian, July 19, 2010, p 10.
Newspaper article in print: No author
8. Face Cream Safety Fears. The West Australian, September 6, 2010, p 17.