• This information relates to journal articles from print sources.
• For journal articles from electronic sources, please see E-journals.
• Only the author's initials are given, regardless of the presentation of the author's name on the journal article.
• Include the names of all authors given.
• All titles are given maximal capitalisation.
• The titles of journals should be abbreviated as they appear in the CAplus Core Journal Coverage List. If a title does not appear in this listing, check the Chemical Abstracts Service source index (CASSI) and quarterly supplements which are shelved in the Reference Collection at South Wing Level 4 R 540 C517 5. Further information regarding journal title abbreviations can be found in the ACS Style Guide, 3rd ed., pp. 291, 294-295.
• The year of publication is given in bold.
• Volume and page numbers are given but not bolded or labeled.
• Volume numbers are italicised.
• For journals in which each issue begins with page 1, include issue information.
• To indicate a page range use 123-129, 126-134 or 111-222. If you refer to only one page, use only 111.
Standard format for citation
#. Author of article, A. A.; Author of article, B. B.; Author of article, C.C. Title of Article. Abbreviated Title of Journal Year, Volume (issue), page number(s).
1. Klinger, J. Influence of Pretreatment on Sodium Powder. Chem. Mater. 2005, 17, 2755-2768.
2. Caruso, R. A.; Susha, A.; Caruso, F. Multilayered Titania, Silica, and Laponite Nanoparticle Coatings on Polystyrene Collodial Templates and Resulting Inorganic Hollow Spheres. Chem. Mater. 2001, 13, 400-409.
3. Berthod, A.; Ruiz-Angel, M. J.; Carda-Broch, S. Ionic Liquids in Separation Techniques. J. Chromatogr., A 2008, 1184 (1-2), 6-18.
Journal article: No author
4. Calculating Immunity. Sci. Am. 1999, 281 (3), 19.
Journal article: Organization as author
5. IARC Working Group. Phenoxy Acid Herbicides and Contaminants: Description of the IARC International Register of Workers. Am. J. Ind. Med. 1990, 18 (2), 39-45.
6. IFCC Working Group on Enzymes, Scientific Division. International Federation of Clinical Chemistry: IFCC Methods for Measurement of Catalytic Concentration of Enzymes. Clin. Chim. Acta 1999, 281 (1-2), S5-S39.
Journal article: Volume with supplement
7. Atkinson, R. Gas-phase Tropospheric Chemistry of Organic Compounds: A Review. Atmos. Environ. 2007, 41 (Suppl. 1), 200-240.
Journal article: Issue with supplement
8. Philip, J. R. The Theory of Inflitration: 1. The Infiltration Equation and Its Solution. Soil Sci. 2006, 171 (6, Suppl. 1), S34–S46.