The theses of many universities are available in digital format. Most will be searchable using the resources below and may also be available via library catalogues or an institutional repository. When using these resources, limit your search to theses.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global (PQDT) - Full text content to theses and dissertations from a wide range of countries and disciplines.
A Guide to Searching is available.
- Ebsco Open Dissertations - Provides electronic access to the only comprehensive record of dissertations accepted by American universities (formerly American Doctoral Dissertations).
- Worldcat - Allows you to search the collections of research libraries around the world.
- EThOS - British Library Electronic Theses Service Online. Requires registration.
- OpenDOAR - An authoritative global directory of academic open access repositories.
- Copac - Catalogue of University and National Libraries in the UK and Ireland, including the British Library.
- DART-Europe - Portal for open access European research theses.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) - Archive of global electronic theses and dissertations.
- Theses Canada - A collection of microfiche and electronic theses and dissertations from Canadian universities.
- Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE) - Collection of global academic web resources created by Bielefeld University, Germany.
Many databases will also include theses.