Murdoch Home Page

Transnational Education (TNE): Using Third Party Content

An introduction to providing transnational education at Murdoch

Using Third Party Content

'Third party' copyrighted content refers to material that is not your own work, or which is not in the public domain. It may also include work that is your own work but for which you do not hold the copyright because of an agreement you have entered into with another party, such as a publisher or your employer.

It does not matter where the item is sourced from - whether it be from a print or physical source, or from online - copyright will still apply. Duration of copyright is usually 70 years after the death of the creator.

Some things to consider when using third party content:

  • Unless copying is allowable under the Statutory licence or other 'copyright-friendly' licences, permission is generally required to use the content
  • References must be given for all third party content, whether as stand-alone objects, or incorporated into teaching materials
  • If permission has been sought to use third party content, it must be provided in writing and a copy of this permission forwarded to the University Copyright Coordinator

Set column to be double width (column 2 and 3)

This box is hidden when viewed publically or in preview - it is only visible in editing mode.
It will change the width of the central column to be the full width of the page (75%).